Courses: Engineering, Medicine, Health sciences, Sciences, Social Sciences
Level: Postgraduate (Masters) Degree
Provider: University of Nottingham
Country to Study in: UK
Description: In order to encourage academic excellence, aid diversity, develop relationships with sponsors and offer real financial assistance in cases of hardship, whether individually or by region, the University of Nottingham International Office offers a comprehensive and expanding range of scholarships.
Celebrating over 10 years of the Developing Solutions Scholarship Scheme, the University of Nottingham is offering 105 Masters scholarships for a global future for students from Africa, India and commonwealth countries to study for Masters Degree at the University.
The Developing Solution Master Scholarships are designed for students who want to make a difference to the development of their home country.
You can Apply for this Scholarship if You
- are a national of (or permanently domiciled in) Africa, India or one of the countries of the Commonwealth listed below* AND
- are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes AND
- have not already studied outside of your home country AND
- already hold an offer to start a full-time Masters degree programme (including MRes) at Nottingham in September 2014 in one of the areas of study (see ‘Fields of study’ below)
Citizens of (or Permanently Domiciled in)
- India, and
- the following Commonwealth countries: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Kiribati, Malaysia, Maldives, Montserrat, Nauru, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Western Samoa
Participating Institution(s): University of Nottingham in the United Kingdom
Fields of Study:
Full-time Masters Degree Programme (including MRes) in One of the Areas of Study:
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- School of Geography – courses related to the area of Environment
- Institute for Science & Society – courses related to the area of Science
- Business School – courses allied to Operations Management
Number of awards: A total of one hundred and five (105) scholarships given out every year – 30 of which are FULL (100% tuition fee) and 75 of which are PARTIAL (50% towards tuition fee)
Scholarship benefits: A range of scholarships covering 50-100% Support towards your tuition fee.
Method of Application: To apply to this scholarship, you must have applied to a course of study and hold an offer for a masters degree programme at Nottingham. And you must also be eligible (see ‘Eligibility’ above).
Before applying for this Scholarship, you are strongly advised to visit the university official website via the link below, and also to read the ‘International Students Scholarship Applications‘ webpage carefully. This page links to important ‘Scholarship Terms and Conditions’ and the Scholarship application portal.
DEADLINES: The closing date for scholarship applications is 25th April 2014 – 12 mid-day (UK time). Applications for scholarships may be submitted up until the closing date.
Application for admission to study at Nottingham must be received at least 3 weeks before the scholarship closing date to allow time for Nottingham’s Admissions office to process the application and confirm your offer, before you can apply for the Scholarship.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants for scholarships must first have applied for and obtained an offer of study at Nottingham for September 2014.
Guidance on Completing your Online Application: It is very important you complete your form correctly before you submit it – Nottingham is not able to change your online application once you have submitted it.
- Think about the questions and how you will answer them before you submit your application – please preview the questions you will be asked here.
- Type out your answers separately before you enter the form, think about them over a few days and then copy them into the application form.
- You may also find the Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions helpful before you complete your application form.
Nottingham aims to notify applicants of the outcome within 6 weeks of the closing date.
The University of Nottingham (informally known as Nottingham University) is a public research university based in Nottingham, England, the United Kingdom. It was founded as University College Nottingham in 1881 and granted a Royal Charter in 1948.
Nottingham’s main campus, University Park, is situated on the outskirts of the City of Nottingham, with a number of smaller campuses and a teaching hospital (Queen’s Medical Centre) located elsewhere in Nottinghamshire. Outside the United Kingdom, Nottingham has campuses in Semenyih, Malaysia and Ningbo, China.
Application Deadline: 25 April 2014
Open to International Students: Yes (Africa, India, some Commonwealth Countries)